Turkish Citizenship by LawyerRelated to health tourism, the criterias for acquisition of Turkish citizenship by lawyer for foreigners and tourists coming to Turkey for medical treatments and health services
Turkish Citizenship by Investment
It is possible to acquire Turkish citizenship through investment whereby the amendment to the Law on September 18, 2018. According to the Law, foreigners who meet at least one of the following criterias are eligible for Turkish citizenship with subject to the decision of the President of the Republic of Turkey:
- Proven by the Ministry (STB) to have made a minimum fixed capital investment of USD 500,000 or equivalent foreign currency or Turkish lira.
- Proven by the Ministry (ÇŞB) to have acquired a real estate worth a minimum of USD 250,000 or equivalent foreign currency or Turkish lira with a title deed restriction on its resale for at least 3 years.
- Proven by the Ministry (AÇSHB) to have provided jobs for at least 50 individuals.
- Proven by the Agency (BDDK) to have deposited at least USD 500,000 or equivalent foreign currency or Turkish lira in banks operating in Turkey with the condition of not to withdraw for at least 3 years.
- Proven by the Ministry (HMB) to have bought at least USD 500,000 or equivalent foreign currency or Turkish lira worth of government bonds with the condition that they cannot be sold for at least 3 years.
- Proven by the Capital Markets Board of Turkey (SPK) to have bought at least USD 500,000 or equivalent foreign currency or Turkish lira worth of real estate investment fund share or venture capital investment fund share with the condition that they cannot be sold for at least 3 years.
- According to the regulation legislated on the date of 07.12.2018, there is a way to apply the citizenship before buying real estate. It is required to sign an agreement (promise to sell agreement for the real estate) thru notary.
Power of Attorney at Law
It should be stated that, it is not required for you to live in Turkey to obtain the Turkish citizenship by investment. In this case, power of attorney is needed to buy a property and/or to apply citizenship. Power of attorney (delegation paper) allows that the attorney you appoint is able to represent you, to buy a real estate and to apply the citizenship and to apply residency permit in the name of you.
It is possible to obtain Turkish citizenship for yourself and as well as for your family members: your wife and children below 18 years old (included) with proceeding one of the required criterias for investment is duly met for yourself as an applicant.
It usually takes around 4 to 6 months to obtain Turkish Citizenship and Turkish Passport for the applicant and other family members provided that all the documentation is ready and duly compiled and submitted during the application.
ISTLEGAL Law Office
Since it is a technical procedure, a trusted lawyer (attorney at law) is highly recommended to apply for citizenship. In ISTLEGAL law office, besides health related legal services we provide the service for all the Turkish citizenship application process for you from the beginning to the end.